2011 - a summary...
- We used YouTube to set up some video shorts advertising some of our concerts
- Some of the hago team ran in the Race for Life
- Our website served its five millionth page
- We shared a second concert with Southampton Flute group Flautissimo
December 20th - Happy Christmas from all of us in hago - view our Christmas Card
December 20th - we are delighted to report that our Christmas Concert at St Cuthbert's Church raised £483 for their appeal. Our charity total is now £55109!
December 10th - It was lovely to play in the newly refurbished Church at St Cuthbert's last night, but it was bad luck that the evening was the coldest this autumn. Brrr!
November 6th - we met for rehearsal on November 3rd and it was another time for celebration - two of our players were presented with Long Service Awards - Lisa for 100 attendances
- that's over 5 years - and Avril for 200. You can see photos on our Long Service Page.
November 3rd - we heard today that our Salisbury concert on 15th October raised £395 for The Listening Place. If you came along, thank you for helping raise funds for this
very deserving cause. The concert brings our fund-raising total to £53698.
November 2nd - another month, another set of visitors who came to our site from Google who clearly shouldn't have bothered! People searching for...
- British word for gardener - it's, er, gardener! (Actual page since moved)
- Do I make a guitar strong tigher to? - well, it's not something we've ever tried...
- Don't panic requinto guitar - the Dad's Army approach to different sizes of guitar
- G sharp in the bass - yes, it's not unknown
- It's his round t-shirt - we prefer our T-shirts to be roughly rectangular
- Pin on the seat - no, we really have been there, done that, got the photo...
- Soprano size guitar - well actually, none of our guitars are 6 foot tall with a generous embonpoint
- Soundhold back of guitar - we rather like the soundhold - a large space full of sound that we can transport to concerts and let out
- Which words go with country - "and western"
- Words of encouragement gardening - "What a nice pear"
- www.what is the english word of garden - www.we think it mmm.might be "garden"
October 25th - Audience feedback from our Salisbury concert includes..."Really enjoyed the concert"
We'll post the fundraising total here just as soon as we learn the figure.
An improved copy of the podcast mentioned on October 12th, below, is now downloadable.
October 16th - it was a real thrill to play in Salisbury last night - what a wonderful audience.
October 12th - we're hoping for a better copy (this one is a bit distorted), but here's a podcast of hago on
Express FM two days ago, where some of the team were interviewed by James Sandy (website doesn't work in certain browsers).
We're grateful for permission to link to the file here - copyright is © king of the buttons productions/93.7 Express FM
October 1st - another month, another set of visitors who came to our site from Google who clearly shouldn't have bothered! People searching for...
- Bungalow Bill- Odd - we don't have a page with "Bungalow Bill" on it. Well, actually we do NOW!
- Cello lower than guitar - yes, it stands on the floor
- Five string guitar - we've all had one of those sometimes when we open the case...
- Garden in the words - we have a feeling you mean "Garden in the rain" - published 1928, and it did well for the Four Aces in 1951-2
- Guitar qaurts for begginers - as a beginner, we recommend halves first, then move on to pints. Quarts are for the experienced only...
- How can i make my guitar higher pitched? - turn those little peg things
- Lowest highest note - the lowest highest note might be on the Double Bass; we're pretty sure the highest lowest note is on the piccolo
- Prim guitar - Here in hago we regard the electric as improper, so I guess our primes are prim...
- Reaction paper about guitar ensemble - this must be the Litmus test. We must be alkali - we don't play any acid house
September 14th - hago is pleased to support the Portsmouth
Music Hub, a portal for music education here in South East Hampshire.
Their website launches tomorrow - Sep 15th.
Click here for their website.
September 1st - another month, another set of visitors who came to our site from Google who clearly shouldn't have bothered! People searching for...
August 31st - today our video count on YouTube crossed the 50,000 threshold - next stop 1/10 million! To see our videos visit our YouTube
channel (opens in new window)
August 28th - the summer is always a quiet period in hago, because we don't schedule any rehearsals.
We've added another concert review to our Reviews Page and we're looking forward to meeting you in Salisbury on October 15th for our first
August 3rd - another month, another set of visitors who came to our site from Google who clearly shouldn't have bothered! People searching for...
July 25th - preparations for our next concert are well under way now. It's on October 15th in Salisbury, and if you've not seen us in concert, perhaps our YouTube
trailer will tempt you...
July 17th - if you live too far away from us to come to one of our fund-raising concerts, but you like the idea of raising money for charities, then why not sponsor some of
the hago team in the fund-raising Race for Life. Just click through and read all about it!
June 25th - we were delighted to share a concert with Flautissimo last night - check out our photos of the flute orchestra on our Friends Page.
Concert feedback included...
- ...very good it was too! The ease of which hago play belies all the hard work that goes into it! Well done
- ...a brilliant evening! Thanks peeps
hago website - June 2000
June 4th - our website is 11 years old today.
We first appeared on the web in June 2000, with a tiny website containing just 8 pages.
Today, our website contains 496 pages, with a further 487 pages for members only.
On our website today you'll find
In our first eleven years we've served over 5 million pages and 44,000 videos!
June 2nd - Our YouTube channel served up more hago videos last month than ever before. 44,000 views and rising!
June 1st - another month, another set of visitors who came to our site from Google who clearly shouldn't have bothered! People searching for...
We also had, so our web statistics tell us, someone who arrived here looking for Browns Hair Lounge Southampton. As our webmaster doesn't have much hair, that really didn't go down too well...
The Race for Life is an event raising funds for Cancer Resarch, and some of our players are Racing and Raising Funds. Do visit their fund-raising
Derek Hasted, our Musical Director has launched a new website at classical-guitar-lessons.co.uk to promote his expanding tuition business.
If you want to learn to play Classical Guitar, or you can play but want to improve, do visit it!
We've put together a short video advertising our next Portsmouth concert - see it on our Concert Page
May 22nd - our concert last night raised £446.64, split equally between "The Friends of St Peter's" and "The Titchfield Bonfire Boys"
The organiser writes
Thank you all so much for a brilliant evening. I heard so many comments from people saying how much they appreciated your music and
enjoyed your humour
Thank you again for your professionalism and supporting us.
May 8th - we've just sent out a newsletter again, but some email addresses have bounced. If you subscribed to the hago newsletter but have
recently changed your email address, please click on this link and resubscribe - thanks!
May 2nd - another month, another set of visitors who came to our site from Google who clearly shouldn't have bothered! People searching for...
April 24th - our videos on YouTube have now been watched 40,000 times. Happy Easter from everyone in hago!
April 2nd - another month, another set of visitors who came to our site from Google who clearly shouldn't have bothered! People searching for...
- Bass guitar quarts of everyday - quarts? We find pints more than enough for weekends. During the week a swift half is plenty...
- Classical guitar braces measurements - actually we tend to wear belts rather than braces...
- Definition of scale size in hospitality - see above - it's probably a pint, but maybe, all things considered, it's a quart...
- Dimention of guitar - well, we've thought for some time that our Musical Director is a bit, er, dimented...
- hago still - no, pay attention, it's pints, not spirits - we don't own a still!
- How do I lower my guitar strings - put the guitar on the floor
- One way ticket guitar scale - no, we don't understand this one either!
- Rude garden gnomes - unfortunately not, this is a family friendly site
March 20th - One of the guests at our Petersfield Concert earlier this month was Ernie Swinburn, a professional photographer. We've put a very much shrunk-down version of one of his photos of the
concert in our 2011 gallery, plus a link to his website, which is full of photos -
enjoy the "Prints for Sale" gallery, with some really wonderful images - you might even want to buy one to hang at home!
March 11th - The Portsmouth Music Festival is running at the moment. The hago cup, which we presented to the Festival in 2004 for "the best performance
on two or more guitars" has been won this year by Graham Cleaver and Gilly Slot - well done!
March 8th - we have a final total now for the concert on March 5th - £612.94, going to The Rosemary Foundation. Thank you for helping us increase our total fund-raising to £52,800!
We played at an amazingly well filled Petersfield Festival Hall last night in aid of The Rosemary Foundation. We'll post the fund-raising total as soon as we have it.
From the Hayling Island Forum
"They played a variety of music perfectly, beautifully, passionately and with such entertaining narration. I would have paid triple for a ticket."
March 3rd - we celebrated two special events at last night's rehearsal
The first was our 12th birthday (and yes, there was cake!)
And the second was a long service award to Philip for 200 attendances
See the photos in our gallery...
March 2nd - Here's the trail for our concert this Saturday, March 5th - our most popular YouTube video this month by a large margin!
Visit our concerts page for ticket details...
March 1st - another month, another set of visitors who came to our site from Google who clearly shouldn't have bothered! People searching for...
February 25th - today we're 12 years old!
Click and watch!
Here's a taster of where we are, 12 years on... Danza Cubana, recorded 3 weeks ago, which we're playing on March 5th as well as at our Titchfield Concert on May 21st advertised
on the video
February 23rd - we're featured in today's Petersfield Post
February 20th - our YouTube channel has been the busiest ever this month - check out our advert for our March 5th
February 13th - We've sent out another newsletter, advertising our March 5th concert. A couple of email addresses are bouncing,
so if you've changed your email address, do resubscribe with your new address.
February 1st - another month, another set of visitors who came to our site from Google who clearly shouldn't have bothered! People searching for...
January 26th - We now have a presence on easthampshire.org - if you've not
met this site and you live in East Hampshire, we commend it to you - here's their homepage...
January 20th - one of our performances of Liberty Bell has featured on PodShow -
on "Running The Narrow Path"...
"I'm a back of the pack podcaster and runner in my fifties, running the roads and paths in my neighbourhood here in Sweden, struggling with my training and the English language"
Happy New Year, from all of us in hago - the Hampshire Guitar Orchestra!
We're looking forward to 2011 - we have some exciting concerts coming up, raising money for a variety of local charities, and we're looking forward to taking our wide-ranging repertoire to some new
areas across of the South of the UK.
If you're looking to make some New Year's Resolutions that you'll actually be able to keep, we have some ideas for you....
January 1st - another month, another set of visitors who came to our site from Google who clearly shouldn't have bothered! People searching for...
- A3M service stations - we're not really sure the page Google took you to was quite what you'd hoped for!
- My guitar strings are different lengths - yes, that's because some notes are longer than others
- Portsmouth cathedral toilet - you won't be "flushed with success" at the page Google recommends...
- Rude words for in an english country garden - sorry to disappoint - we're a family friendly website
- Words that go with country - how about "and western"? Not that we do that either!