About All Saints Church Portsmouth
Built in 1828, the Church originally comprised just the Nave. Designed by architect Thomas Ellis Owen, the church cost £13000. In 1877, the Chancel was added, and despite damage sustained in the second World War, the Church is in beautiful condition.
The body of the Church has been shortened so that there is a large meeting area with refreshment facilities near the door, and the Church itself is quiet and surprisingly intimate for such a large building.
The Church has a ramp for wheelchairs at the entrance, and has no steps inside. With a capacity of two hundred, the acoustic is superb for classical guitar.
Situated close to the shopping centre in Portsmouth, the Church is well-served :
- by road - 60 seconds from the end of the M275
- by bus - a stop is outside
- by rail - the station is a pleasant stroll away
Arriving by train
Alight at Portsmouth & Southsea station. Turn right out of the station entrance to head North. The Church is a pleasant ten minute walk through the pedestrianised shopping centre - use the map here
Arriving by bus
There is a bus stop directly outside the Church - any of the buses stopping at Commercial Road will be convenient for this venue.
Arriving by car
At the M275 junction, take the Portsmouth Motorway. Shortly after the flyover, the road terminates at a roundabout. For access to two surface car-parks, turn left into Wingfield Street and there is parking to the left and right almost immediately.
Click for a street map that you can print.
hago events at All Saints
- July 2004 - Concert with Cambridge Guitar Orchestra & Crofton Guitar Ensemble